The Franklin County hospital systems and our local health departments (Columbus Public Health and Franklin County Public Health) are working together to complete a combined community health needs assessment and work towards addressing priority areas together through a collective impact model. The end product, expected in mid-2022 will be the Franklin County HealthMap 2022, a comprehensive overview of our community’s health status and needs.
The HealthMap helps drive initiatives that improve individual and community health and serves as a guide to target and prioritize resources, strengthen community relationships, and provide information that contributes to keeping people healthy. The report covers social determinants of health, health resource availability, behavioral health, wellness care, maternal and child health, oral health, mental and social health, infectious diseases, youth issues, and death, illness and injury.
The effort is led by representatives of the 3 organizations (COHC, CPH and FCPH) and is guided by the Franklin County Community Needs Assessment Steering Committee made up of representatives of local hospitals, local and state agencies, and nonprofits.
In past years, the 3 organizations completed individual needs assessments. Links to the previous reports are provided below.
Franklin County Community Health Needs Assessment Steering Committee Membership
- ADAMH Board
- Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging
- Central Ohio Hospital Council
- Central Ohio Trauma System
- Columbus Public Health
- Educational Service Center
- Equitas Health
- Ethiopian Tewahedo Social Services
- Franklin County Department of Job and Family Services
- Franklin County Public Health
- Human Services Chamber
- Life Expectancy Taskforce
- Mid-Ohio Food Collective
- Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission
- Mount Carmel Health System
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Ohio Asian American Health Coalition
- Ohio Department of Health Disability and Health Program
- Ohio Hispanic Coalition
- PrimaryOne Health
- The Ohio State University College of Public Health
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- United Way of Central Ohio
- Veteran’s Service Commission
- Workforce Development Board